We have been involved in ministry in Paris since March 1988.
For more than a decade, our primary role has been with artists and the Paris arts community.
Our goal is to care for, encourage and accompany artists both in their art and their spiritual growth.
We want to provide:
- a place to receive creatively gifted people who work in a wide variety of artistic disciplines.
- a warm, welcoming environment where they can find rest and restoration physically, spiritually and emotionally.
- an environment where artists will find encouragement and time to reflect.
- a place that incites them to use their imagination and God-given creative gifts to produce new work.
The property of the La Pommeraie (the Apple Orchard) sits on 2.5 acres of land surrounded by small farms on all sides.
There are three existing buildings:
"La Bergerie" is a thatched roof guesthouse that has a living room and a kitchen on the ground floor with a bathroom and two bedrooms upstairs. It can house up to 5 people.
"La Chaumière" is a traditional Norman thatched roof farmhouse built in the early 1700’s.
It has a kitchen, two bedrooms, two and half baths, and a living /dining room with a vaulted ceiling.
It also has a mezzanine, which we use as a reading loft.
"La Grange" is a converted barn which includes a kitchen, suitable for groups and a large multi-purpose room on the ground floor.
There is a small bedroom and larger dormitory-style room on the upper floor, along with a bathroom with a shower.
It can house up to 7 people.
The land is approximately 2.5 acres. It is flat and we work hard to keep it very well maintained. The property sits on a small country road 3 miles from the highway and 7 miles from the train station on a main line connecting Paris to all of Normandy's famous sights. Travel time is 1.5 hours by train and 2 hours by car coming from Paris –– a peaceful getaway easily reached from the busy city.
The land has fruit trees, shrubs and flowers, and a small man-made pond. It also has three shower/toilet units for those who want to camp in the summer.
The modifications and upgrades were all completed in recent years in order to welcome church groups for weekend retreats.
Our lifetime of commitment to ministry has afforded us the experience and vision to lead this project. But not surprisingly we do not have the financial means to buy the property.
We are thankful for the support of the owners with whom we have entered into a rent-to-buy lease. This has allowed us to move to La Pommeraie full time and lay the ground work for this project.
We are now looking for generous partners who share our vision and are willing to invest in the founding of this creative ministry.
There are no agency fees since we are buying it directly from the owner.
We have created an SCI (Société Civile Immobilière), which is a French legal structure whose sole purpose is the purchase and management of property. The main reasons for an SCI under French law are:
1. Would you consider sending a tax-deductible gift to help us develop this project? Click the button bellow to go to our online giving page, and scroll down to "select fund" ten select "La Pommeraie Project (fund 7146)"
2. Investment : In order to purchase the property we will need to be joined by one or more generous investors. For anyone who would like to invest a larger sum of money toward the purchase, our lawyer will help us to arrange a repayment schedule. Please contact us directly to find out how this can be done.
Steve and Miki Thrall
99, rue de Boissy
Steve’s Cell: +33 6 27 94 44 37
Miki’s Cell: +33 6 21 66 14 65
Home phone: +33 1 40 15 03 93